Thursday, October 16, 2014

Author interview - H. S. Stone



Today's interview is with H. S. Stone, whose new release Gifted is featured on October 13th.

Apple or PC?
PC. Old habits die hard, but I'm becoming more of a Mac user every day.

Do you use Scrivener or Word?
Word. Part of the reason why I use a PC. It came with Word. :-)

Would you rather see your stories on the big screen or the little screen?
Since my eyesight isn't so good, I'd like to see them on the big screen.

Do you own copies of Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings DVDs? The extended version? Do you ever watch them?
Yes, I do own the extended version. How did you know? I've watched The Fellowship of the Ring, my favorite of the three, a few times but rarely make it past that.

Have you seen the first two parts of the The Hobbit? Are you planning to see the final installment?
Despite my continued bewilderment as to why they had to turn The Hobbit into three movies, I've watched the first two and will watch the final installment.



What kind of foods do you eat? Are you a health-food-nut or is it strictly junk?
I eat a little of both, depending on my mood and what's available. Some days, I'll eat healthy, but on other days, I really crave that burger. When it comes to food, I don't believe in denying myself. Whoever said that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach knew what they were talking about.

Have you ever heard of or had a green smoothie? If you’ve ever had one, what did you think about ?
I think I've seen one on Star Trek. Never had one though and I probably won't since there are too many other smoothie flavors that I prefer.

Have you ever been to Starbucks?
I admit that I go into Starbucks every now and then. I'm not particular about where I get my coffee from, and there are just so many Starbucks that I can't avoid going there once in a while.

Coffee or Tea or Water? Espresso, Drip, Instant, or French Press? Bag or Looseleaf? Bottled, Filtered, Tap or Rainwater?
Coffee. I'm not picky about how it's made or where it's from, as long as I get my one or two cups a day.

Do you wear socks?
Yes. There's something comforting to me about the feel of socks on my feet. I'd even wear them with open-toed shoes.

What are you wearing right now?
My standard outfit, which consists of a T-shirt and jeans.

Does life fascinate you?
Yes. Oh, you mean my life?

Do you recycle?
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's basically a law to recycle everything here.

Do you consider yourself a slave to the muse?
My muse is more like a backseat driver than a controlling master. Since I have a day job and can't write during most of the day, I have to keep my muse under control until I need it, but it still speaks to me when I'm not writing.




About H. S. Stone:
Even before he could read, H.S. Stone wanted to write a book. Fascinated by the stories that seemed to leap from his kindergarten teacher's books, he went home and wrote his own book, with illustrations and bound by staples. Of course, since he didn't know how to read or write yet, the book was full of gibberish.
Undaunted, H.S. eventually mastered the ABC's and continued to write throughout his grade school years, adolescence, and into adulthood. Despite earning a degree and working in a field not related to writing, he continued to pursue his writing passion.
H.S. Stone's publications include novels aimed at Young Adult and Middle Grade readers as well as several short stories. He currently lives with his family in the San Francisco Bay Area.



No comments:

Post a Comment